Tips for Communicating With an Ex-Spouse
- Keep the topic of conversation on the business items or the children.
- Don't respond to unreasonable demands
- Use 'I" statements.
- If you want to talk to your ex-spouse, find a neutral party to exchange information.
- If using verbal communication is impossible, try a written form.
- Do not send messages through the children.
- Keep commitments about visiting and support payments as closely as possible.
- If possible, share information about the child/children so that the two of you can continue to enjoy watching your children grow.