I am a family counseling therapist with a superb track record on helping families and marriage survive tough times.
Family counseling is not defined by the number of people in the room. It simply means the view of understanding people within the context of their relationships. Thus, "family therapy" can be done with one, two, or many members of a family. It is not about joining only with the person in front of the family therapist, but about understanding the entire system in which the person or persons in the room relate.
Family members do not have to be a part of the problem when someone is having difficulty, but they are often part of the solution.
The family counseling service I do is solution-focused. No one ever leaves my office, even the first time, without some ideas as to how to begin to solve whatever problem brought them to see me.
Evening Appointments are Available For Family Counseling!
- Conflicts Between Family Members
- Substance Abuse Or Addiction
- A Family Member's Mental Illness
- Financial Problems Or Disagreements About Money
- Problems In School
- Difficulties Between Siblings
- Children's Behavior Problems
- Caring For A Family Member With Special Needs
- Issues With Extended Family Members
- A Family Member's Illness Or A Death In The Family
- Separation Or Divorce
- How To Plan For Shared Custody Of Children
People who come with family problems, generally come with the symptom of the problem. We work to discover the problem itself so we can then look for better solutions than what is being tried. This approach is very effective. People like it because it is easy to measure the progress they make and some improvement generally occurs quite quickly when new behaviors are applied. This helps people to gain optimism and the optimism fuels further change.